24 November 2013

Auckland’s Santa Parade

This afternoon was the 79th Farmers Santa Parade here in Auckland.

In the past, this has been something I’ve avoided because of the crazy crowds and screaming kids. But, as I age and move ever closer to my own, second childhood, I find myself placing greater value on the simple things in life. So, watching a lively parade with colourful floats and marching bands, brilliant character balloons and an appearance by the jolly fat man in the red suit was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Here are some of the highlights …

An effective way to collect for charity - you wouldn't dare say no to a storm trooper!

A huge hit with the crowd but not exactly a happy looking superman




Batman was too big to fit down the street face on














No comments:

Post a Comment